Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fallin Ouuta the Nest

We have the sweetest if not sometimes dopey black lab named Bella. She will be 2 years old in October this year and is still VERY MUCH a puppy. This weekend, to my horror, she found a bird's nest...yes, there were wee one in the nest. I'm not sure how she got them but she did. The first one she played with until it ummm...let's say expired. I tried to get her to drop the bird so that I could attempt a rescue, but the more I yelled "DROP IT" the bigger a game she thought it was. Then the chase commenced, which made her think - "COOL I've got my human out here playing chase with me so I'll hold on to this little squishy toy." The next day...birdie #2, I did manage a rescue and I put it back in A nest, not sure it was THE nest but anyhow way...I tried. I had to put it in the nest twice....not sure if it made or not, as I went out later to check on it but didn't hear chirping and couldn't really see in the nest. Kinda reminds me of myself. I keep "fallin out of the nest" and Jesus comes everytime, scoops me up and puts me back in the nest. He loves me enough to do that no matter how many times I fall out. WAY COOL!

No comments: