Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reflections on "The Last Lecture"

As I'm watching Diane Sawyer's tribute to the late Randy Pausch, I'm just ... WOW, I just don't know how to express my thoughts. Here's this young, vibrant dad/husband/educator - his life ended far too soon. I watch the footage of him with his 3 small children and I know how the earthly story ends. I listen to the thoughts and feelings expressed by Randy and his wife Jae and I'm just amazed at the peace that that is displayed - and it's not just words...you can look into their eyes and you see that while there is sadness, there is peace and acceptance. Now, I'm not sure that I would agree with the acceptance part...because I believe in divine healing - I believe that Christ means what he says and that we are healed by his stripes. Why, then is there death and sickness? Two words...ORIGINAL SIN!!! The God that I serve, the one I love and worship and adore...He is NOT a God of death and destruction...but one of mercy, grace, love, healing and abundant LIFE - and these great and precious gifts are FREE for everyone BUT (ya know there's always a big ol but) we must BELIEVE and RECEIVE WITHOUT DOUBT!! So many times, we pray and "hope" that God will heal...or think he "might" heal this person or that one or ME! Or we say/think that God will heal others but don't think He'll do it for them(me). He totally will and wants to but we have to be willing to get out of the way and believe without doubt. Dear Father, help me to grow in faith...to believe without doubt that you'll do what you've promised. Father I do believe but help and forgive my unbelief. In Jesus' name...Amen.

1 comment:

Skoots1moM said...

when the healing doesn't come, it's confusing; however, his going on to heaven is the best victory. we who believe have the eternal hope...my heart hurts for those who DON't have eternal hope.
what will we say when they look at us during judgment and say, why didn't anyone share with me?

i'm wanting to put a passion in our young people to understand their personal relationship to the point they really WANT to share their story so those around them will want the same thing. sometimes i don't feel they are really listening...this story is one they WILL REALLY listen to...I think his story will make a huge difference for peoples' eternity

Our praises to Him flush away the ugly in the world, spiritual and perceived...HE IS OUR REFUGE...
good post!

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

(good understanding=eternal praises! interesting!)

Lord, surround LR as she is busy working with her kids today; let them see jesus in her face, let them hear jesus in her voice, let them feel jesus' love in her care for them. then, tonight when she returns home, give her rest and a completeness for her hard work...you have her in a special place for a special reason, 'cause she IS SPECIAL...and i thank you for allowing me to have her in my life! amen