Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stouffer's Meatloaf

Okay what does it say about Mama's abilities in the kitchen when your first born says to you..."Mom, the more I have that meatloaf the less I like it." First, let me back up and tell you WHY we're eating meatloaf of the Stouffer variety. My family is very difficult to cook for...or at least I think so. Anyway, my kids are especially picky...certain foods with certain textures...uh, uh, nope ain't gonna eat it. My oldest is especially "texture tender" (I just made that up... just now, betcha couldn't tell - but I digress). Anyway, I try EVERYTHING under the sun to get them to eat (and to make myself feel like I'm lovingly preparing a "home-cooked" meal....here's where Stouffer's steps in. I thought MaMa Stouffer had finally made something that my crew would eat and enjoy and they did...for a while. Earlier this week, I said to my daughter (with an "I know you're gonna like this dinner" grin)..."I'm fixing meatloaf tonight...STOUFFER'S MEATLOAF." To which my very loving and extremely compassionate (which does NOT come from her mother=0) daughter replies, "Mom the more I have that meatloaf the less I like it." My heart was pounding and my palms were beginning to sweat! Are you kidding me?! I finally found something that I - what - doesn't like the meatloaf - ARGH. After my "befuddlement" subsided I said, "What? I thought you loved Stouffer's meatloaf?" To which she diplomatically replied...."Well the last time we had it, it was just a hair below excellent." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHICH brings me back to my original question...ummmm, what was my question? Oh yea, my culinary abilities otherwise known as the ability to screw up packaged dinners. Ahhh, the agony of defeat!!!! *s*

No comments: